Tuesday 28 August 2012

Daemon Prince Update (2)

My plan today was to come home from work and finish the axe arm, the spine, the belt and the wing flesh but my plan kind of went to pot... But not entirely. All I didn't do was finish the wing flesh but the rest I managed and I have to say I'm liking the way he looks!!

I decided to paint the spine like brass to break up all the red with a bit of dramatic flair. I copied the paint guide for the brass (Warplock Bronze, Brass Scorpion, Runelord Brass and Golden Griffon to dry-brush) and it really shines combined with the sheer intensity of the red flesh.

I've now decided that I'll be keeping the wing membrane dark so that it doesn't take anything away from the rest of the model and forms a contrasting background. Maybe blend a grey from the black base or something? I don't know I'll run a couple of experiments tomorrow.

In related news I have the Warhammer basing kit so the base of my Prince will be skull-tastic. I'm not too bad at painting bone now either so they'll look pretty cool. Then I'm going to mix up some blood too from Wazdakka Red and 'Ardcoat so he'll certainly be looking like a prized collector for Khorne. God I love this model. Pictures are somewhere around here, as usual.

Now this model was bought for me by a very dear friend of mine so he will get to see the finished product first but once he's seen I'll be posting it here for all to see. Then I'll move onto the Horrors (I keep saying that but it's possible I'll end up doing something else).

By the way, the Mark of Khorne on the skull on the axe? Freehand. Probably not well but for some reason I can never get this Mark quite right...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...