Saturday 18 August 2012

Slaanesh is at it again...

So again the Lord of Temptation has been in my ear again because I went in for paints for my Daemon Prince horns and came out with Nurglings and the paints to make their flesh look quite sickly. I sat down in the store and tested out the paint scheme and once I'd tweaked my choices a little I think it came out quite well. In my defence though I did forget what colours I needed (I'd written them down but didn't have the list with me) and I got tempted. So now I've got half a unit of Horrors, a Daemon Prince, 3 Flamers, an Exalted Seeker Chariot and 3 Nurgling bases to do. At least I won't be bored.

With my Nurglings I didn't want to go with the green that seems to be advocated by most Nurgle painters but I didn't want them to have the kind of flesh colour they have on the box either, so I've tried to make them look diseased instead with my colour choices so they'll have a realistic flesh tone with hints of green. I'll make some of them more green than others and I'll use a different flesh wash on some of them but the basic colour scheme will be the same.

My Flamers I've decided will have red around the bottom... Mouth? I want to call it a mouth... It has teeth so I'm calling it a mouth. The red will be blended into blue for the body then that will be blended into purple for the heads. Which reminds me I need to pick up Lucius Lilac for when I do that... The flames will be flame coloured, obviously (I'm pretty kick ass as painting fire if I say so myself).

For my chariot I've decided to keep my Daemonettes the same as the others (see the entry on my Daemonette units for details on that) and the steeds will be done with the greys that are recommended (they'll look like they're expected to). I haven't quite decided what to do with the metal yet; I'm thinking the chariot part in gold or brass (depends how I feel when I get to it) and then I have to say I'm not a fan of the masses of purple glaze they've put all over the spikes but I heard someone say they were going to do that but in orange so I'm going to see how that works then decide whether I want to do something similar.

My Daemon Prince is in the typical Khorne colours but with a LOT of Bloodletter glaze so the red is really intense and my Horrors are done in the typical Pink Horror colours. I've slightly cheated with the horns on them by just using a couple of layers of Nuln Oil instead of doing all the dry-brushing and colour shading. I figure for a core unit where there will eventually be a lot of them then it's fine. As much as I put a lot of effort into each of my models, I put a lot more effort into stand alone figures (like my Daemon Prince) than into a large unit where detail gets lost amongst the scale of the unit. Don't get me wrong, as you can see from my posts with pictures I still put a lot of effort into my work, I just take more time on the smaller details with larger models.

I think I want to get some Bloodletters and Plaguebearers next, then I've got one of each of the core units. Although I might hold off on the Bloodletters and get a Daemon Battalion box. That way I'll get 20 Bloodletters, top up my Daemonette and Horror units as well as getting a Seeker unit. Then I'll just buy two lots of Plaguebearers and my core units will be a force to be reckoned with in their own right.

It looks like my army is really coming together :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...