Sunday 13 January 2013

Change is as Good as a Rest

Tzeentch must really be on my back or something because I had a very sudden flash of inspiration for my Lord of Change as I was on my PS3. I can't even say I was playing anything that could inspire me because I was killing angels on Bayonetta so I don't even know where it came from.


Anyway, what I've done so far. I based the entire model (except for any parts I want to be metallic) with Tamiya Colour XF-18 Medium Blue. I then mixed XF-18 with Calgar Blue and drybrushed the feathers. I painted the robes in Fenrisian Grey and washed the robes and skin with Drakenoff Nightshade. I'll go over the skin and robes again with their respective colours before I start layering the colours so that the high and low lights really stand out. Once I'd done that I went back to the wings and neck feathers. After the mix I drybrushed again with pure Calgar Blue and then a 50/50 mix of Calgar Blue and Temple Guard Blue. Then came a layer of pure Temple Guard Blue followed by a mix of Temple Guard Blue and White Scar (again approximately 50/50). The beak and claws were done in Zandri Dust.

Tomorrow I plan to make headway with the robes and I'll probably do something else too but my aim will be to paint the robes. Stay tuned for a progress update.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...