Sunday 17 February 2013

Hell on Earth

Today I've done some more work on my Helbrute (who is still unnamed at the moment) which has consisted mainly of the skin and armour edging. Now because I got a little too enthusiastic with my armour yesterday the painting today has had to go a little slower as I tried to not ruin the shiny armour plates. For the most part it's been a job well done but I do have a couple of small areas to retouch.



The flesh has been done in my usual way by starting with Bugman's Glow and layering with Cadian Fleshtone and Kisev Flesh. I used drybrushing again because it gives a more organic finish to the flesh and I want it to directly contrast the stark, clean metal of the armour and the other mechanical aspects of the Helbrute. I've made the tentacles yellow as a spot colour (Averland Sunset, Nuln Oil, Yriel Yellow and Flash Gitz Yellow) and also as a shout out to the yellow and black stripes typically associated with the Iron Warriors legion which is why I used Nuln Oil and not a lighter shade of wash.

Next will be the horns and teeth, then I plan to combine the mechanical and biological with regards to the various tubes and pistons. By that I mean I'm going to paint them to look like veins, muscle tissue and bone or at least I'm going to try to. It will take a little research to do so because it's been a while since I've seen the circulatory system and I'm going to need to experiment with colour mixing so it might take a while but by the end of the week I'm hoping to have this beast finished and maybe even named.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...